Most all New Hampshire Hunting and Fishing and Shooting Clubs require NRA membership and indicate that they are in good standing as a Citizen but my Club, Chester Rod And Gun in Chester, NH has taken it further to require documentation of proof.
I am pleased with this new requirement as of September 1, 2017. It gives “peace of mind” that members are documented in good standing by a state or federal document or license. It is likely that other Outdoor Sporting clubs have now or going to have similar requirements of evidence of citizen standing and not legally prohibited from owning firearms.
NEW REQUIREMENT: Effective September 1, 2017, all members of the club must show in person satisfactory documentary evidence that they are not legally prohibited from owning firearms by December 31, 2018. This documentation is viewed, but not retained, by a staff member. The acceptable forms of documentation are:
The acceptable forms of documentation are:
(1) a current, unexpired State or Federally issued firearms license,
(2) a NFA Tax Stamp,
(3) a NH armed security guard license,
(4) an active law enforcement ID,
(5) a current Active Duty, National Guard, or US Reserve Military ID card,
(6) a State Police background check from the applicant’s State of residence,
(7) a signed and notarized affidavit certifying that the applicant is not prohibited from owning or using firearms (this document will be retained)
Please share with your outdoor shooting community!